Logo Badisches Landesmuseum
 

At a glance

The Majolica Manufactory of Karlsruhe is the only ceramic factory in Germany which has survived every political and economical crisis of the last century and is still running today. It was founded in 1901 by the painter Hans Thoma and his friend Wilhelm Süs. The museum, which is located in the former administrative building of the Manufactory, presents an overview of its production from its very beginnings as the Grand Ducal Majolica Manufactory until today. It was later renamed National Majolica Manufactory.

Since it was founded, this manufacturing plant has responded to nearly all trends and events in cultural and art history. The exhibited items reflect the artistic and historical change of the last century: from historicism and art nouveau to expressionism, constructivism, New Objectivity, Domestic Revival and art of the National Socialist period, to the tendencies of the 1950s and 1960s and finally to the current trends in art.

Bild

Bild

Bild


The National Majolica Manufactory
is still located in the same beautiful area of the Hardt forest.
Its products can be purchased in its shop.





Contact


Museum in the Majolica
Ahaweg 6
D - 76131 Karlsruhe
Tel. +49 (0)721 / 926 6583

Opening hours and entrance fees


Sat - Sun and public holidays:
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Adults: €2
Concession rates: €1
Students: €0.50

Free admission with regional museum pass  (Museums-PASS-Musées)
Phone:+49 (0)7621 / 161 36 34
Fax: +41 / 613 193 655