Declaration on Accessibility
The Baden State Museum endeavours to provide barrier-free website accessibility, in accordance with § 10 Paragraph 1 of the Landesbehindertengleichstellungsgesetz (L-BGG) (Equal Opportunities Act). This accessibility statement applies to www.landesmuseum.de. Information on our facilities' barrier-free accessibility as well as on our barrier-free offers can be found here. In addition, our website offers you information in Simple Language (in German) and DGS (German sign language).
1. Status of compatibility with the requirements
This website is partially compatible with §10 Paragraph 1 of the L-BGG, due to the following incompatibilities and exceptions.
2. Non-accessible content
The content listed below is not accessible for the following reasons:
(a) Disproportionate burden.
- No full-text alternatives are provided for audio files, and no German-language subtitles or audio descriptions are provided for video files.
- It cannot be ruled out that the website's colour contrasts are too low in some places, because of the use of external service providers.
- In some places, due to technical reasons, the iframes are missing meaningful titles.
- Also due to technical reasons, the focus frame does not stand out sufficiently from the background in some places.
- Digital accompanying offers (with independent URL), which were published before 2021, e.g. for special exhibitions, as well as the "Digitale Museumskoffer" do not comply with the current accessibility requirements.
- The required content in German sign language (DGS) is not yet complete, but will be created successively.
The optimisation of bugs and limitations is continuously being worked on.
b) The contents do not fall within the scope of the applicable legal provisions
- In light of its large number of collection objects, the digital catalogue falls under the exemption for cultural heritage collections according to § 2 Para. 2 p. 1 BITV.
The Badisches Landesmuseum is is constantly working on optimising its website and other digital offerings related to barrier-free accessibility.
3. Creation of this Accessibility Declaration
This statement was prepared on 26/03/2021 by self-audit.
The declaration was last reviewed on 28/01/2022.
4. Feedback and Contact Details
Do you have questions regarding accessibility? Would you like to point out deficiencies in the barrier-free access to the contents of our website? Do you have any suggestions on how we can optimise access? Then please feel free to contact us:
You can also use our contact form.
5. Enforcement procedure
To ensure that this website complies with the requirements described in §10 Para. 1 of the L-BGG, you can contact the Badisches Landesmuseum and provide appropriate feedback. The relevant contact details can be found in number 4 of this statement.
If the Badisches Landesmuseum does not respond to your enquiry within the period stipulated in § 8 Sentence 1 of the L-BGG-DVO, you can contact the state government commissioner for the interests of persons with disabilities or the municipal commissioner for the interests of persons with disabilities within the framework of the ombudsman function described in §14 Para. 2 of the L-BGG and Section 15 Para. 3 Sentence 2 of the L-BGG.
You can contact the State Government Commissioner for the Interests of Persons with Disabilities as follows:
State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities Simone Fischer
Office of the State Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities:
70173 Stuttgart, Germany
T +49(0)711 279 3360
You can find the contact details of the municipal representative for the interests of persons with disabilities responsible for you on the website of the city or district in which you have your permanent residence.
Please note the possibility of taking legal action in accordance with §12 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Number 4 of the L-BGG.
Status: 28 January 2022