Please note the following:
We ask for your understanding that the elevator in Karlsruhe Palace can currently only be used by individuals. We strive to make our website accessible. You can find our declaration on accessibility here: www.landesmuseum.de/erklaerung-zur-barrierefreiheit
- Entrance for disabled persons: 4 EUR
- On presentation of a disabled identity card with the mark B, admission is free for one accompanying person.
- We regularly offer guided tours for the blind and visually impaired as well as wheelchair users. Sign language interpreters are also available. You will find the current dates in our calendar of events.
- Our booking service will be happy to advise you on group bookings: T +49 (0)721 926-6520, email@example.com
- Hearing aids can be connected to the radio system used in guided tours with induction loops. Wearers of in-ear and behind-the-ear hearing aids as well as individuals with implants can thus participate.
In the museum
- The entrance to the museum can be accessed without using stairs.
- The exhibition areas are also completely accessible. In addition to the palace tower, the collection exhibit Schloss und Hof [Palace and courtyard] and the film experience in the palace tower are currently excluded. The lift is located in the left stairwell (West stairwell).
- Portable seating in the form of lightweight folding chairs is available to visitors throughout the entire premises.
- Wheelchairs and walkers are available for hire for the duration of your stay. Please reserve these before your visit: T +49 (0)721 926-6542.
- There is an accessible toilet on the ground floor in the left stairwell (West stairwell). This toilet is not DIN-compliant and can only be used to a limited extent by wheelchair users.
- A DIN-compliant toilet is located at the back of the special exhibit on the ground floor. This is only accessible for the duration of special exhibits.
- There is a disabled car park in front of the management building next to the palace. Access is via the entrance from Zirkel; the barrier is opened via the intercom or T +49 (0)721 926-6542.
- Schlossplatz underground car park, open 24 hours a day
Address: Karl-Friedrich-Straße 6, 76133 Karlsruhe
- Admission is free in general.
- Parking: Five disabled parking spaces on Zirkel 23 (opposite the rear of the tax office)
- Access: The entrance to the museum is via a step (height of 14 cm). A mobile ramp is available and can be ordered before your visit: Tel. 0721 / 926 – 6578.
- All exhibition areas are accessible via a lift (door width 77 cm).
- Access to all floors is possible with a standard wheelchair.
- Lavatory: Unfortunately, there is no accessible toilet in the museum. The next possibility is in the Karstadt department store. The toilets on the upper floor can be accessed without steps.